Monday, June 05, 2006

Mmm... Socorro...

The closer I get to moving, the more I wish it wasn't so near.

I've been in Socorro for just shy of six years, now. For the first 4, I didn't care at all about the town. But in the last two years, I've made some really great friends and I've come to enjoy many elements of Socorro and New Mexico Tech. I think a lot of it is the college-town aspect of this place. I enjoy walking around campus in the middle of the night for no particular reason and running into a bunch of other caffeinated people doing the same thing. I find it hilarious when I'm talking to a towny and they ask if I "go to the tech". I like writing code at El Camino til 4 in the morning. I like having conversations with random people I've never seen before who laugh at my stupid jokes about big-O notation.

I'll miss you guys. And El Camino's green chile cheese fries.

No comments: